August 31, 2016

Sick


I *think* we can official say that we are over the flu.  That was something else.  In the end, we all got it.  It took us out and rocked our world.  It sort of sucked the fun out of our last week of Summer but are glad we are over it and ready for school now.


This summer has also been filled with miscellaneous injuries.  The night before our camping trip I tried to cut the tip of my finger off with a knife.  That was not cool.


I also had my big toe nail cut out because of a chronic in grown toe nail.  This is something I never want to do again!  Yikes! Cameron has had nagging knee pain from running track this Spring and spent the Summer trying to rest it, as much as a 13 year old boy can. He thinks it is finally better and looking forward to testing it out.  Our biggest scare was about a month ago.  This Summer Mitch has ridden his bike to work a few times.  One morning I got a call from him that he was in an accident and he needed me to come pick him up.  He was in Seattle riding in a bike lane when a women who was parked on the street and wasn't paying attention and opened her door right right as Mitch was riding by.  The door took him out and he fell into the street making a big scene.  He was scratched, bleeding and banged up pretty good.  He got a big gash on his leg that still is healing.   His bike was not broken mainly because it fell on top of him.  This shook him and me up a bit.  We were so thankful that nothing worse happened!


No comments:

Post a Comment