March 31, 2010

Woodland Park Zoo and a proud member of the Delaware Zoo

A week or so ago the kids didn't have school and it was 60 plus degrees so I decided to go to the zoo. My camera is having major issues so I don't have any pictures of the fun, but Kierstin sent me a few of her pictures. It was really crowded but we saw a lot of animals and had a great time. Cameron's favorite animal is a giraffe so the giraffes were the hit of the day. Julia liked the giraffes best too. Natalie liked the "Mingos" and the "Orrillias"







I must say that I am in LOVE with my zoo pass. Not because I can go to the zoo now when ever I feel the need but because I got a AWESOME deal on the pass. The strange/conspiracy around here is that there are two zoos. Most zoos when you buy a pass has other zoos that are their "sister" zoos that you can get in for free also. Not the two zoos in Seattle. If you want a pass to the Woodland Zoo you would need to buy a pass but if you wanted to go to the Point Defiance Zoo you would need to buy a pass for that zoo too. No sister zoo collaboration here. Of course each zoo's pass for the family cost around or a little more than a $100 each. So I would never buy both zoo's passes. My friend's family lives on the east coast and for Christmas bought a zoo pass for her family. Her pass gets her in to BOTH of the zoos in Seattle. It is like the best kept secret. Get into both zoo's for the price of one! After she told me about her pass I went online to look and sure enough I was able to purchase a Delaware Zoo pass that will get me in both zoos in Seattle. The best part of the whole thing: the Delaware Zoo pass only cost $45. It costs more for me to take my whole family once to the zoo for that price. To put it lightly it made my month (Mitch was a little amazed by my pure bliss over a zoo pass) but I love when you get a good deal and better yet it actually worked when I went to the zoo.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME deal, love when you don't feel like you just got riped off.

    ReplyDelete