March 9, 2010

The Blue Flames



Cameron had a fun basketball season! He played on a team of 1st grader boys that had practices and games each week. I have to say, basketball is A LOT better than some of the sports he has played. It is nice to be indoors and not freezing cold during each practice. They played on 8 foot hoops so the boys were able to make baskets easier than on a normal hoop. Very cute. This last Tuesday was his last game with a trip to Dairy Queen after. I think going to Dairy Queen was more exciting than the basketball for Cam anyways. As for me I survived yet another season of kid sports. I think by the time my kids are finished with sports I might need to get a shirt that says "I AM A SURVIVOR" that or go on a really nice vacation. I still have a long way to go... so I try to find the fun and excitement in it.

On Tuesday, Natalie was sitting on my lap while Cameron's game was going on. She looked up at me and then proceeded to throw up all over me 3 or 4 times. I was COVERED in throw up and Mitch wasn't there yet. The smell was so bad that Julia started to dry heave. I picked us all up and went outside as fast as I could (without getting throw up all over the floor) before we really made a scene. That is hard to do with throw up dripping down your arms, pants, and shirt. I looked lovely. It was one of those moments where you had to laugh or you would seriously cry or throw up yourself. Well at least it will be an unforgettable basketball moment! I know someday I will look back with fond memories...well I hope so....

Later that night Mitch and I had a lively discussion which is worse to pick up- throw up or poop. Oh the things we do for the kids we love.



Here is Cam posing with his new medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment