March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Mr. Sims



A couple of weeks ago Cameron told me that his stuffed cat named Mr. Sims (named after Grandma Stuard's cat Mr. Sims) birthday was on March 1st. I didn't think much of it. On Sunday night Cameron was listening to me talk to Mitch about what we had going on this week and that it was March 1st the next day. Cameron got all excited that it was his cat's birthday (I was surprised he even remembered). That night while the kids were in bed I heard them planning the party out for the cat, everything from the presents and decorations to who was going to make the cake. I got a kids cake decoration book a couple of Christmases ago and the kids love looking through the book, they picked out quite an elaborate train cake for the cat. I didn't realize that I was throwing a party yesterday so I was a little unprepared. I told Cam that I couldn't make the train cake but I would make a cake for the cat. He informed me that the party was at 4:00 pm sharp. I told him not to worry the cake would be done in time. Good thing I already had ice cream because who has cake and no ice cream? He wanted me to put on 15 candles because that is how old Cameron decided he was but no luck, I didn't have that many. One candle was good enough. Whew.....

Julia made Mr. Sims some presents, a mouse on a Popsicle stick and her beanie baby. It took her about 45 minutes and a whole roll of tape later but she got the present wrapped. When Cameron got home from school we got all the decorations out and had a fabulous party, although we were a little behind on the schedule (the party didn't start until about 4:20 pm).



I don't think a stuffed or real cat could have asked for a better party!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mr.Sims! What a good mom you are. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhahahahahahahahahha SOOOOO Funny!!!

    ReplyDelete