March 23, 2010

Miss Cranky and the grocery miracle



Today I desperately needed to go grocery shopping. Unfortunately for me Natalie was in a beastly mood. She threw a fit most of the time we were there (except for the 3 minutes she was eating her cookie from the bakery). I was pushing one of those "car" grocery carts that you need a special permit/license to operate. Natalie wants to get in and out 40 times while in the store. It can be a real joy.... Anyway I was trying to hurry because she was so cranky and I ran my over sized cart into a cardboard set up wine display. The wine bottles started to fall and to my horror I couldn't do anything to stop them because I was 5 feet away at the back of the cart. As I was watching this thinking "this isn't really going to happen " divine intervention happened and the card board set up rocked back up and the bottles tipped but didn't fall out. It was a grocery miracle!! It was going to be a HUGE mess and a lot of money spilled on the floor! My heart was racing for about 20 minutes after the fact so much that I decided to skip the gym tonight because I got my heart rate up and going at the store today. No need for exercise. At the check out register Natalie was crying and mad. A man next in line was trying to smile and say hi to her, she looked at him and said "NO, look at me!" Boy, what an angel.....



(This picture still cracks me up every time I look at it)

3 comments:

  1. hahahahhahhahahah I remember that day! Oh what funny girls!

    -laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww.... it's amazing what an 8 month difference can be. :) I hate the looks I get at the store because I have to put my kids IN the cart.

    ReplyDelete