March 20, 2013

Dress Disaster


Sunday was a good day

Sunday we went to listen to Harrison speak in church.  He just got home from his  mission.  Paige is also in town from Georgia and blessed her brand new little guy. It was a nice day. 
I let my girls wear their brand new matching Easter dresses to church, they looked so cute.  I LOVE their dresses--LOVE, LOVE blue and white.


Monday was NOT a good day

Monday I do laundry. 
I washed the girl's new Easter dresses. 
To my HORROR when I pulled the dresses out of the washer the blue on the dresses had dyed the white a lovely blue color.  Not only that but the rest of my whites in the load where also a shade of blue.  I spent the whole afternoon trying to get blue out of all my clothes and trying to make the DRESSES become white again.  I went to the store and bought multiple products to reverse the dye transfer.  No such luck on the dresses.

In fact the more I tried the worse the dresses became.  By the end of the night I was teetering on insanity.  Julia's dress was a mess and the other two were a weird shade of grayish-blue. My girl's Easter dresses are ruined and it isn't even Easter yet. 

Tuesday I called the store I bought them from.  They were AWESOME and allowed me to bring them in and exchange them ALL for either the same dress I had before or something different.  I really wanted the same dress but knew that it would be a huge mistake since as soon as I wash them I know what will happen.  The new dresses are cute, maybe not as cute as the first ones but I am feeling much better now knowing that I didn't just flush three dresses worth of money down the toilet. 


Six dresses
One Easter
and
One Mom
...who almost lost her cool (and if you ask her husband, she did!)

1 comment:

  1. :( I'm glad they let you bring them back! Sorry the blue didt come out! I'm sure they will look cute in any dresses!

    ReplyDelete