June 24, 2010

The Pine Cones



Grandpa Swany was having a pine cone problem in his yard and offered Cameron and Julia 5 cents for every pine cone that they picked up. Cameron was a pine cone picking up machine. After it was all said and done Cameron made 20 bucks and Julia 7. I told my dad that he didn't really need to give them that kind of money but he said that it was a deal. Cameron had a great time at Wal-Mart picking out what he wanted to spend his money on. He finally decided on a bag of 12 tennis balls. He spends his days throwing a ball against the house and catching it with his mitt. Julia on the other hand knew exactly what she wanted the minute the money touched her hot little hand--a hula hoop.



Cameron offered his assistance of pine cone picking up for our yard but I told him that I didn't think I could afford him. Grandpa definitely pays better!

2 comments:

  1. I should of picked up pine cones while I was in town...then we could of had the movie paid for :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. Cam has a better job than I do. The fastest way i can get 20 bucks is plasma....ha. yeah, not going to happen

    ReplyDelete