June 19, 2010

Didn't my mother teach me anything?



Rewind about 10 months ago to a conversation I had with Cam:

Cam: "Mom could we buy the cereal Cookie Crisp?"
Mom: "No way that is like having a bowl of cookies for breakfast!"
Cam: "I know it looks delicious!"
Mom: "No way"

Cam: "Please, please, please"... (Lots of time elapses with lots of pleading)
Cam: "Can I have it for my birthday?"
Mom: "Sure, why not. (Just wanting the whining to stop) You can have it for your birthday."

Now fast forward to yesterday at Wal-mart. The kids and I were in the cereal aisle at the store. Cam sees the Cookie Crisp.

Cam: "Hey, look it's Cookie Crisp! Remember how you said that I can have it for my birthday? My birthday is on Monday!!" (How in the world does he remember this stuff?)
Mom: "Put it in the cart"

Wins:
Cameron- 1
Mom- 0



As you can see, today's breakfast was a hit! In a related story Laura will be babysitting them all morning! Sorry!!

2 comments:

  1. I am smiling reading this.....funny that you sugar them up and then give them to Laura. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little do you know, the had yet MORE cookies and a cake pop with me :) HAHAHAHA :)

    ReplyDelete