June 14, 2011

Trek Around the Trail

Last Saturday was our Stake's annual fun run, "Trek Around the Trail." It started a few years back and has gotten to be a big event. There is a 5K run/walk and a 10K run. With Mitch being called as the Stake Athletic director he was put in charge of the whole thing. Good thing he knows a thing or two about putting on a race! He did an AWESOME job organizing the run and putting it on. He put a lot of time into it and it showed on race day.



Cameron ready to run the 5K!





There were 146 runners registered for the race.



Laura was kind enough to come down and run with Cameron in the 5K since I wasn't able to. When the gun went off Cameron took off like a bullet leaving Laura to never catch up!



Mitch placed 3rd in the 5K.





Cameron did AWESOME. He came in 14th overall in the 5K and 1st of all primary aged kids with a time of 27:45.



Here is Laura wishing that we hadn't talked her into coming down to run!





Mitch announcing the results and winners of the races.



Cameron accepting his lollipop award for coming in 1st in the primary age division.



Julia keeps telling me that next year she is old enough to run the 5K. Stay tuned....

Anybody needing a good laugh can come watch the Stuard family run in the Fall City Day's 1K and 5K run next week. Where I will be waddling a 1K with the one and only Miss Natalie Jane.

3 comments:

  1. What I want to know is how badly Cameron beat Laura! Ha! Looks like it all went well. And Mitch is even skinnier than the last photo I saw! Good job Mitch! Good luck with the 1k, I'm thinking I would last about .25-.5k before I needed to sit down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH that Natalie Jane! So funny! :) Cam sure did take off like a bullet, I had no hope. Hahaha! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need to get in shape...thanks for the reminder. You all have mad running skills. Glad that it all worked out well and looks like you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete