March 28, 2011

Tea Time



For mom's birthday I wanted to take her to a place called "The Secret Garden" for lunch. It is an old Victorian house that is about 200 yards down from my mother in-laws house in Sumner. They have converted the downstairs of the house to a tea room. It is so fancy, fun and delicious! I had been there before with Sondra and my sister in-laws and thought it would be nice to bring my mom and sisters to enjoy an English tea lunch. With Kara being in town this was the perfect opportunity to go. We sure missed Kierstin and Amy and talked about the time when we could all go together.



The lunch is a slow progressive lunch that is fancy: finger sandwiches, soup, salad, sorbet (to clean the palate!), scones, and little finger desserts, and of course your very own pot of tea! (We are all tea amateurs but loved the herbal peppermint, peach and apple tea.) There is tons of fun little spoons, strainers, tongs and tea cups that make the environment so fun. Things got a little crazy...and we ate almost all of the sugar cubes in the jar (we brought the kids home their very own sugar cube...they loved it!). Laura was the only one to join the clean plate club, she was able polish everything off!! I came in a close second. Thanks girls for the fun time!



A shout out to my dad who was kind enough to watch all 6 kids while we went and was even brave enough to take all of them on a trail hike and then to Krispy Kreme! What a guy!!

2 comments:

  1. YUMM! Thanks for waiting and letting me tag along with you ladies. It was a blast. I asked my girls what was their favorite thing that we did in Seattle and they both said when Grandpa babysat. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a blast! Someday I'll get to fun stuff with you all!

    ReplyDelete