January 11, 2011

Mouse Hole

My kids have it in their minds that if we bought a pet mouse we would cut a little hole in the wall and that is where it would live. Definitely too many Tom and Jerry cartoons! Can you imagine? I would NEVER have a pet mouse, for oh so many reasons!

Over the Christmas break Mitch took some time off and decided to get ambitious and see if he could find some extra storage space that is very much needed in our home. There is a small space under our stairs that is perfect for storing our Christmas stuff and a few other items. Mitch had to cut into the drywall and make a door for the new space. The kids were fascinated by this and thought Mitch was making a hole for a mouse to live. Natalie kept saying, "I'll get the cheese for the mouse!" The space is now lovingly referred to as the "mouse hole," but I better not find a real mouse in my hole or else! Mitch finished the project and the Christmas stuff was put away. The mouse hole is wonderful!



1 comment: