January 21, 2011

Jinxed

Last week I called my sister to wish her a happy birthday. During our conversation she told me that she had to speak in sacrament meeting that Sunday and that she had just recently done it a few months before. I told her how much I HATE speaking in church and that I have been really lucky because I hadn't spoke in a long time.

That was my when I jinxed myself.

On Sunday a bishopric member found me and asked me to speak this week...I also have to teach Relief Society. Somebody seriously needs to call the wahmbulance for me because I am going to cry....

Then--

On Tuesday I went to help out in Cameron's class and his room was freezing. His teacher was telling me how the school's new roof is leaking in their classroom and it won't stop. The roofing material is bad and the roofing company now has to replace the whole roof on the school over mid-winter break. I was saying to her what a nightmare that would be and how leaky roofs are one of mine own fears. So expensive to replace. Well today as I was cleaning the house I found a spot of wet carpet and water dripping from the ceiling in the living room. Yep, our roof is leaking.

Ironic? I think I need to knock on some wood. My luck is turning for the worse!

2 comments:

  1. I know it doesn't help to say know what you mean. SORRY everything always happens at once. If you want to feel better about your life, just remember where I AM LIVING!!!! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww sorry Min! I cursed you with speaking in church! If it helps at all my talk went really well and I wasn't even nervous! I'm sure you will do great- even though I know how you feel about not wanting to. Sorry to hear about the roof! Ugh what a string of bad luck!

    ReplyDelete