January 20, 2011

Martin Luther King Day



I thought it would be fun to go to the Science Center on our day off. Unfortunately the rest of Western Washington had the same idea. The place was packed. Notes to myself - Don't go on a day when everyone is off. Bad idea. The older two seemed to enjoy themselves...Natalie could have used a nap instead, if you catch my drift.
After making fun of Amy all these years about her phobia of butterfly houses, I have to say I feel her pain. The place creeped my out. The butterflies are beautiful but they got me all jumpy. They swoop in and out and land on you. Yuck. After seeing one crushed by a boy who wasn't looking were he was stepping I was ready to get out of that place. I think I am one that appreciates them from a distance. Anyway... thank you Martin Luther King for the day off of school. As Cameron has been singing at home, "Dr. King, Dr. King, He was a civil rights leader. Dr. King, Dr. King he had a dream." Love the song...

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the far away thing but they are just creepy. Gross- now I feel like I have things crawling on me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. DR. KING DR. KING!! HAHAHAHA I love it. Oh Mindy....you and those butterflies! :)

    ReplyDelete