July 22, 2010

The Lord is my Shepard

Cameron came home from church very excited about what he learned in class. He told me that he learned about shepards and sheep. He talked about how sheep know their shepard's voice and the sheep will follow the shepard but not a stranger's voice. He continued to tell me how we are the sheep and that Jesus is the shepard and that we need to follow him. I was beaming with joy while listening to him. He was listening in class and he understands! Later that day I found a paper lying on the counter (something he obviously made in class). I asked him about it. Cameron said "Yeah, I am the sheep that is why my name is on the sheep." Then I said, what is that red thing on the sheep's back and the orange that you drew? "Oh, that is the sheep's cape and the orange is the fire coming from under his tail." I just about died laughing. Of course the sheep has a cape and fire, why wouldn't it? Okay, so he is a 7 year old boy.

3 comments: