July 16, 2010

DAY 7- The Old 'Hood



We spent most of the day recovering from the previous day at Lagoon. We stayed home and let the kids play. Later that day I took a stroll down memory lane and drove past all my old stomping grounds. We showed the kids where I went to elementary school, the church that I was baptized in, my old houses, and neighborhood (I am sure they will grow up remembering the time their parents drove around looking at boring stuff). It was really fun seeing all the places that I remember as a kid. It had been awhile since the last time I saw any of them. I didn't think to take a picture of any of the places except one, the Superette. The Superette was a building we would pass while walking to school. We were forbidden to go stop there and never to go in. To this day I have no idea what the place even sold. Just that it was off limits. When I saw it, it made me laugh...



For the record: I beat Kara at Ticket to Ride every time we played. :)

1 comment:

  1. I would like to put that for the record I beat you every time we played in Seattle. We will meet on neutral ground next time...Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete