September 10, 2009

I won mother of the year!



This afternoon after Natalie's nap I was taking her downstairs via piggyback. At the bottom of the stairs I swung her off my back by holding her hands. Her wrist made a popping sound and I knew that it had come out of the socket. She was crying and I felt bad that I hurt her. After 30 minutes of crying I knew something was really wrong. I was able to take the two older kids to our friends down the next street and they were so nice to watch them the 2 1/2 hours that I was at the Urgent Care. I love going to that place! Catch my sarcastic tone....
I do appreciate being able to go somewhere that is able to treat us and not have to pay the ER co-pay but wow they can be cranky in that place and I love the looks when you have to explain what happened to your child. ("uh-huh...sure we believe you...an accident").



After what was a very long time in the waiting room (As soon as I checked in the sign reading "It is 1-2 hour wait to be seen" appeared) they checked Nat out and had x-rays done on her hand. She was not a happy camper when anyone came near her arm. They couldn't find any fractures so they put it in a splint, bandaged it up calling it a sprain. They told me that if it isn't any better in 3 days to bring her back and they would check it out again.
She is so cute. She keeps looking at her arm and saying "oh no owie" It is still really hurting her and she can't move it much. She won't even stuck her thumb, so I know that it must really hurt. Makes me sad to see and in the process allows me to win mother of the year. Yay for me!



Trying to eat with her left hand. Poor girl was starving by the time we got home (7:00 pm)



You got to love those chunky little legs!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my poor Nat! She sure is cute. Don't feel too bad Mindy, at least it only took 30 minutes to figure out something was wrong. It took me 4 hours to take Mesha into urgent care. I hope Nat feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has such a cute sad face! I can't wait to see them! Feel better Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you're a great mom! Things happen! :) She's just a fragile little girl :) She sure looks dang cute though :) I miss that Nat :)

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete