August 4, 2009

Ragnar Relay Race



This spring a lady in my ward asked me if I was interested in running in a relay race in July. I thought that it would be a fun experience and give me something to train for this summer. The Ragnar relay race was on July 24-25. It was a fun experience, definitely hard. The relay is made up of 12 runners, 6 runners to a van. Everybody has 3 legs to run over the 2 day period. My team started out on Friday morning at 8 am in Blaine and finished around noon on Saturday in Langley (About 125 miles total). I was in the second van with all women. It was fun getting to know them, I only knew one other lady in my car. We were all lds and moms. We all said that it was fun racing but more than that it was a nice break to be away from children especially driving in a car! My legs of the race were not too bad (I had shorter distances that most the team, thank goodness. I am still a sprinter at heart! ) The first leg was at 3:30 pm on Friday and 3.1 miles. It was EXTREMELY hot! My second leg was at about 1:30 am on Saturday and was 4.2 miles. Running at night is fun and much cooler. We got to wear funny headlamps and reflector vests. My last leg was on Saturday around 10 am and was 4.3 miles. Boy was it hard! It had a LOT of steep hills and it was hot. By the end I was exhausted (we got only 1 1/2 sleep) and the next day I was so sore that I tried to keep my dignity at church and not limp. Overall it was a fun time and was happy that I was able to accomplish something new.

Cameron was impressed with my medals and my t-shirts. He wanted to make sure that I was fast. I love that I can still impress my 6 year old!



There was two teams put together with a lot of people from my ward. Our teams names were: T.A.R.P 1.0 and T.A.R.P 2.0
(Troubled Athlete Relief Program)



Here I am at my last exchange!

2 comments:

  1. What a good experiance for you! I wish that I could do something like this but pretty sure that I would die first. Your awsome!

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I wish I was like you! I just sit around and do nothing. Way to go Min!

    ReplyDelete