August 19, 2009

Our hike to Twin Falls

On Saturday after the triathlon was over we decided to go on a hike to Twin Falls. We had been promising the kids to go there all summer and our summer is almost over! Twin Falls is in North Bend and the scenery is beautiful. Cameron and Julia hiked the whole way and did fantastic! Natalie rode on her dad's back and was content to ride. Cameron loves to hike and kept saying "This is so great, I love hiking" He was non-stop chattering the whole way and everything was exciting. At one point we passed a dog on the trail and he said " Wow, that dog has the longest tongue I have ever seen." (He has decided that he is going to get a dog and if that dog has ears that point down it will be named Murray.) So anytime we passed a dog that fit his description he was sure to say hi to Murray. Julia was so proud that she was a big girl and could make the hike the whole way without being carried. (So was I)



In our house we are fascinated by waterfalls so when we got to the falls and walked out on the bridge it was so exciting. I felt like a true mom when the kids were on the bridge. I felt a sense of panic that at anytime someone was going to fall. When did I get old? I was much more relived to be walking back on the trail.

Round trip I think the hike is about 4 miles. (Everywhere I look said something different) I hope that next year we will be able to do even more hikes. When I get out there I remember how much I love to hike.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, can you motivate J and Ash to walk for me. We love to hike but be prepared to carry a 55 lb boy on your back. I'm an old lady and that is not an easy task. Glad that you guys had a good weekend and were able to get away for Mitch's bday.

    Love you.

    Kara

    ReplyDelete