May 11, 2020

You don’t say...


Today Lucy received this post card in the mail. We all got a good laugh. Normally each month the school gives out awards for kids that are showing "future ready skills" such as "collaborative teammate, community contributor, conscientious worker, quality producer, etc"

I mean what kind of award are you going to earn in an online learning situation other than self-directed learner?  HA   No kidding self directed, how about self-taught at this point.

Julia decided to make herself an award for being a self-directed learner also.  She pointed out that this was a better award than Lucy's because she earned it for March and April.


On a serious note, Lucy is the most self-directed learner that I have met.  She has a little schedule I made for her and each day when I get home from work she tells me how she has done everything for the day and that she doesn't need any help from me.  She loves schedules and is all business. 


2 comments:

  1. Way to go Lucy, you are a go getter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can believe that, she knows how to do everything by herself

    ReplyDelete