March 20, 2012

Trouble Sleeping

Lucy has not been the best sleeper.  At night she goes to bed around 8:30 sleeps till about 1:30-2:00 and then wakes up every 2 hours or so till I finally drag myself out of bed for the day.  Waking up 3-6 times a night is slowly killing me.  During the day she only wants to be held while sleeping.  While difficult to get anything done while holding her, it has been okay because I am too tired to do anything else.  Most days we take an afternoon nap together.  A few days ago when my house was in some serious need of attention to be cleaned, I thought "this has to stop, she needs to sleep by herself during the day."  I wrapped her up in the burrito nice and tight and she miraculously went to sleep taking a nice long nap.  I couldn't even believe it.  Why hadn't I tried that earlier?  I have no idea. Maybe I did and it didn't work or maybe I was too tired to remember but whatever the case might be for the past few days it has done the trick.  She is napping on her own.  The burrito is a miracle worker, I kid you not. Now, for a good nights rest. HA!


Mitch took this picture of us on Sunday afternoon.  You got to love how she sleeps with her mouth and eyes half open and taking up the whole bed!

2 comments: