March 20, 2012

St. Patrick's Day


We celebrated St. Patrick's Day by running in a St. Patrick's Day race.  Natalie and Julia ran in the 1k, Mitch and Cameron ran in the 5k and Lucy and I watched. It was absolutely the worst weather!  It was snowing HARD and it was freezing!  In the pictures it doesn't look that bad but it was crazy how much snow was falling.  The race director summed it up the best by saying "Only in Seattle can you have a green Christmas and a white St. Patrick's day!"  So true.  We had a good time despite not having any feeling in our limbs!!  Mitch placed 3rd in his age division and Cameron placed 2nd in his age division both getting a little trophy.  




I didn't film very much of anything because frankly I was freezing to death but here is a shot of Natalie finishing the 1k.  I love how determined she looks.

After our race we spent the day in Bellevue hang out at Grandma and Grandpa's house and then had a last minute dinner decision to go to the Maple Leaf for dinner.  We were having way too much fun with the lazy susan in the middle of the table, obviously!

2 comments:

  1. you are all so funny with the lazy susan. Glad that you had a good time. I am so impressed that your whole family runs, mine might if we were being chased by a bear...might I said. oxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so funny! :) I am glad you put that video up! ahha What cute kids you have, that love to run! I wish I loved to run, rignt now its quite painful :( Can't wait for TEA :)

    ReplyDelete