February 21, 2012

Play-Doh Mom



It seems like among moms there are two types:  Moms who LOVE Play-Doh and Moms who HATE Play-Doh.  I have never made a declaration one way or another on it, but have seen many moms plead their case as to why they love it or hate it.  Yesterday as it was the first day of a long, cold, wet week of Mid-Winter Break we saw a commercial on the TV for a fun looking dentist Play-Doh set.  It reminded us that we haven't played with our Play-Doh stuff in awhile.  The kids got right to work getting it all out and playing with it for about 30 minutes.  After that they were done playing with it, Play -Doh was everywhere.  I tried coaxing and pleading with them to clean it up but after another 45 minutes passed I just did it myself.  As I was cleaning it off the counter, chairs, and floors the thought came to me "This is a mess and guess what? I don't like this stuff at all!"  So there you go, I surprised even myself and learned something new about me.  I am one of THOSE moms.


3 comments:

  1. I forget that I don't like it. My girls play with it and I get mad because it makes a mess... then I let them do it again. You think I would learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it too. Too bad kids like it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I am just in a fog and dont see it everywhere. Too bad we don't have a dog anymore that will lick it off of everything.

    ReplyDelete