February 2, 2012

Happy Groundhogs Day

Punxsutawney Phil says...


...6 more weeks of winter!


Our family loves Groundhogs day. Really I have no idea why, we just do. The kids laughed and laughed this morning at the pictures above on the Internet.  They thought Phil being interviewed was hilarious!  They all said how much they wished they could have been in Pennsylvania this morning for the festivities.  They thought maybe the Smith's got to go since they live close by (well, a few states away...)The minute I walked out of my room this morning Natalie met me in the hall with a great big smile on her face and said, "Morning momma, Happy Groundhogs Day."  This is the reason I stayed up late last night making these: 

 

Mr. and Mrs. Groundhog


They should be a tasty after school snack this afternoon!

4 comments:

  1. Those are so stinking cute. You have inspired me to be more Groundhog Day enthusiastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea...we also ate groundhog cake. :0)

    ReplyDelete