October 18, 2011

Flexibility

Julia came home from school the other day beaming.  They had an assembly and she won an award.  Her award was for flexibility.  In our school district they win awards for being: self-directed learner, collaborative worker, complex thinker, community contributor, quality producer, and effective communicator and Flexibility.  If you can even make out what the heck any of that gibberish means then you are doing better than me!  Each teacher picks a few students each time to win an award.  I laughed out loud when I saw Julia's award because it is so Julia, easy going and going with the flow.  So unlike her brother.  At the very beginning of the year her teacher sent home a survey about each child, under comments I wrote:  Julia is NOT her brother, she makes friends easily and is very easy going.  I have a feeling this was her teacher's way of telling me she understands!

1 comment:

  1. Good for Jules, my kids would think that they won the award for being flexible in the physical sense. :0)

    ReplyDelete