September 12, 2011

Flag Football

Cameron decided that this year instead of soccer he want to play football.  Out of luck he was put on a team with a few of his friends from school and one of the friend's dad is the coach.  I almost shed a tear of joy when I found out.  Having a good coach makes my job so much easier.  (Especially when we overheard another coach from another team yelling at his kids if "they did that again they would be doing push ups!"  Yikes!)  He only has practice once a week instead of two unlike soccer and games on Saturdays. Saturday was his first game and boy was he CUTE.  He made a touchdown on the first play of the game and also got the extra point.  He is so competitive and when he made another touchdown and it didn't count because his foot went out of bounds, boy was he mad.  I guess we still have some things to work on!  Some of the football parents are a little intense and I can't imagine what they will be like in a few years but for now we are  LOVING it.  To make this football season even better for Cam, his team's name is the Huskies (He hasn't been brainwashed or anything by his dad.  HA)

Unfortunately for the girls in my attempt to simplify my life these next two months, I chose not to put the girls in soccer or anything else.  Julia doesn't seem to mind but I still feel bad.  What would life be without a little mom guilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment