September 6, 2011

Back to School



Today was the day!!  Both Cameron and Julia were very excited about going back to school.  They were up bright and early and ready to go.

Right as it was time to go walk to the bus Cameron was very nervous. I could tell he was doing his best not to cry but managed to keep it together. Julia on the other hand was beyond excited to leave all day and to eat lunch at school. When the bus came, Julia sat in the very front of the bus by herself, Cam sat in the very middle of the bus by himself and all the other kids at the bus stop sat in the back. It was very cute. Cameron told me at the end of last year that 3rd graders don't sit in the front of the bus!


When the kids got home they were very HOT, sweaty, hungry and tired.  (This of course is turning out to be the warmest week of the whole summer!)

Cameron told me that he had  an awesome day and that his teacher is very nice and that they are going to learn about habitats and cursive this year.  He said that he "thinks he is making some new friends"  although when I asked him who he sat by at lunch he said "all by himself."  When he tells me things like that I feel a little like crying.  On the way home from the bus he told me that he thinks that he and Julia are old enough that they don't need mom to come to get them from the bus and that tomorrow would be a good day to start walking home by themselves.  I guess that is a good thing since I can hardly waddle....

Julia's day was good.  Her good friend from preschool is in her class so she was very excited to see her.  Julia was extremely tired when she got home and told me that in the middle of the day she was starving and it wasn't even lunch time yet!  I forget what a hard adjustment 1st grade can be because Julia is so easy going but she told me that she misses Kindergarten and her teacher from last year.  I think she sort of had a rough day adjusting, but she is excited to go back tomorrow though and when I asked her what she did at recess she said "jump rope and I am awesome at it!"  Hopefully in the next few weeks we will get the swing of things.

As for Natalie and mom, we cleaned the house, went to the library, did the laundry, took a nap, and made cookies.  We didn't put Natalie in preschool this year and I hope that she won't be too bored.  At the last minute Mitch and I had a change of heart and tried to get her into preschool but it was full.  I am hoping that I will be able to find some fun things to do with her so that she won't miss the other two too much while they are in school all day.

3 comments:

  1. I am starting to realize that putting your children in school is not for the faint of heart. The world is such a mean and cold place for our innocent little ones. How did we ever survive? I am scared for my kids... BUT it looks like Cam and Julia are doing good. I hope it only gets better for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute kids! They look so old and big! It's amazing! I am glad they both had good days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What big kids! This summer went so fast!

    ReplyDelete