February 20, 2011

Random Thoughts

Just in case you think that everything at the Stuard house is perfectly wonderful all the time... Here are a few rants, whines and everything in between of things going on with us:

  • The other night after dinner Cameron said, "That dinner was delicious, but not the best I have ever had. Maybe my 4th favorite." Well...good to know...
  • Why is it that for Valentine's Day my kids got a million Fun Dips and Pixie Stix? They are the WORST candy for kids. Straight sugar that inevitably ends up all over the floor.
  • Julia brought home a Skippy Jon Jones book from the library. That series of books is so bad that I cannot stand reading them. It is actually painful.
  • Natalie will NOT go Primary. The first two weeks were no problem and then she decided that she hates it. She has been TERRIBLE. I am talking full on screaming in the Primary room when I am sitting next to her. We have tried to reasoning with her, talking it out, bribing and now we are moving on to threatening her. As you can see, our parenting skill are exceptional. Mitch and I are about ready to sell her.
  • Our roof is STILL leaking. I asked the roof guy how much it costs to replace a cedar shake roof like ours. I now want to die. Anybody have an extra 10 thousand they might let us have?
  • While helping in Julia's classroom the other day her teacher told me that in her 23 years of teaching, Julia was the first to throw up in her classroom. OOPS.....
  • Cameron had to learn to spell the word- Quadrilateral, Amazon River, and Andes Mountains in spelling last week. Enough said.
  • After 10 months of Natalie being potty trained she still will not go by herself (I have trained myself, good job self.) Boo.
  • Cameron asked me the other day if I could get the recipes from the school's cafeteria to make chicken patties and Big Daddy's cheese pizza because they are SO delicious. Can you imagine the shock of the cook at school if I asked her. That might be a first ever, somebody actually liking cafeteria food!
  • This coming week is Mid-Winter Break, no school all week long--it is supposed to be 40 degrees and raining most of the week. HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment