August 21, 2010

Camping at Ocean City



Last weekend we went camping to Ocean City State Park near Ocean Shores. I am sad to say that my camera is having major issues and that I took ZERO pictures of the trip. The few I have were taking by others (Thank you!)

We went with Mitch's parents and the Clayson's. We had a really nice time. The weather was AWESOME. I don't think that I have been to the ocean with such good weather in a long time. The first night we got there, we went to the beach and watched the sun set. It was gorgeous. The next day we spent the entire day on the beach. The sun was so warm that Mitch, Laura, and I and a few of the cousins got completely in and waved jumped. I don't think that I have done that since I was 12. The water wasn't bad. Normally you couldn't pay me to get in. Cameron, Julia, and Natalie loved the water and spent most of their time in it.



Cameron was worried about the crabs and the sharks in the water. He told me that it wouldn't be a good idea to wear black in the water because sharks eat seals and if you wear black the sharks might think you are a seal. I loved the advice...



Julia got a bug bite right above her eye the first day we got there and her eye was almost swollen shut for the entire camping trip. Natalie on the other hand was still fighting that same stomach flu from a week ago and spent the entire trip throwing up. Poor girl! (and poor mom)

3 comments:

  1. Cute girls as mermaids! :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff! Glad the weather was so nice, that makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Cam has been watching the Discovory channels Shark week :)

    ReplyDelete