May 10, 2010

BIG GIRL!


It's official!

Natalie is a big girl, no more diapers!!!


A few months ago I picked May 1st as my "official" start date of potty training Natalie. So last Monday we started off on the "fun" journey of potty training together. Natalie was a breeze... (Sorry Kierstin) she LOVES it and loves getting all the treats. The first day I bought some Pringles and Hawaiian Punch to eat and drink and boy was she in heaven. She almost ate an entire Pringle container herself. We sang, danced, had potty treats, stickers, ate chips, drank punch, and helped her baby go potty too. By the end of the day it was a relief to put her to bed, being on HIGH ALERT at all times is tiring. It has been five days without an accident. HOORAY FOR NATALIE!


Mouth full of M&Ms



In other big news, Natalie got a new bed! No more crib. I found a used one on Craig's List for $20 and the person lived only 5 minutes from my house. Not bad...
I promised Mitch that I wouldn't cry when the crib was taken down because we hope that it will only be temporary and that it will be back up sooner than later. That made the transition a little easier for me.



She loves her bed and wants to show everyone who comes over to see it. She has been SO easy to transition into a bed, no getting out of bed or anything. I think she doesn't even realize she could if she wanted too. In the morning I will hear her playing in her bed and I will come in and let her out. I was reflecting on the 6 months plus that it took to get Cameron to sleep in a big boy bed when he was that age and count my blessings this time around!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Nat! What a big girl! Now you can potty train Lily and Ellie for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good girl! Maybe Nat could give Mesha a call and let her know how it's suposed to be done... Yay for Natalie!!! And what a cute bed, I love craig's list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any pictures of Mitch are not authorized by Mitch. - Mitch

    ReplyDelete