January 19, 2010

Zhu Zhu Pets



The newest additions to the family
"Chunk," "Num, Nums," and "Nugget"




These silly hamster were bought last night at Wal-Mart. They were the hot toy this past Christmas and were near impossible to find and buy. Now Wal-Mart's shelves are full of them. Cameron really wanted to buy one with some Christmas money that he got so I told him that it would be okay. Natalie fell in love with them the minute she saw them. Julia was really interested in some plush horse in a purse item that was extremely expensive so I convinced her that she really wanted a fake hamster too. Knowing not much about them, we bought them and brought them home. There are about 12 warnings on the box to "Keep away from hair" so what happens? Natalie has the hamster for less than 30 seconds before it was completely caught in her hair and she was crying. Fortunately there was no need for a hair cut but a few minutes of panic as we tried to get it out. I think she understands now not to put it by her hair. Thank goodness! It really isn't a toy for a 2 year old so what kind of mom am I? One that wanted to get out of Wal-Mart without a show stopping tantrum at 7:50 pm. After the hair incident I read the rest of the warning labels more seriously. No sleeping with your Zhu, Zhu and not intended for use with live animals." Natalie wanted to do just that...sleep with her hamster. She spent a good 15 minutes after we put her to bed crying "Nugget, NUGGET...." I think you get the picture. The hamsters are pretty cute and "run" all around on the floor. Maybe this might do for a pet for the time being......well Mitch and I can only dream!


PS-
While at Wal-Mart I saw my one and only Barbie I had as a girl, Peaches and Cream Barbie. She is being sold as a collectors doll now. That doesn't make me feel old or anything. :(
Wal-Mart wants $50 for her! When I saw her it felt like a time warp back to my childhood. So weird. She was beautiful and I loved her.

2 comments:

  1. I saw your babrbie at christmas time and wanted to get her for you but she cost just a little much for me. I do love the Zhu Zhu pets way better than a real smelly one.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stuff :)

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete