January 20, 2010

Pillow Talk

Tonight was a hard night. Mitch had to work late and the kids were crazy and driving me crazy! Cameron threw a tantrum of enormous portions, something I haven't seen in quite some time. So by the time it was bedtime I was D-O-N-E with children for the night. Of course there is the multiple potty trips, drinks, and Natalie's throwing all her blankets out of the crib shenanigans before everything finally quiets down each night. On one of my trips up to Natalie's room I heard the kids talking to each other. As I paused to listen to them talk my Grinch sized heart grew (I no longer wanted to beat the tar out of them.) Their conversation was so cute, I was dying.

Cameron: ".....Rosa Parks sat on the front of the bus...."
Julia: "What?"
Cameron: "Rosa Parks sat in the front of the bus, she didn't care what others thought. I think that the bus driver had to call the police or something. She just wanted to ride. I don't know what they did....."

A few minutes later they start having a conversation about wisdom teeth.

Cameron: "Mom is getting her teeth cut out tomorrow. I think she isn't going to feel well. I hope it doesn't bleed. I don't think band-aids will stick in her mouth, I don't know what she is going to do."
Julia: "I think she is going to sleep tomorrow, it is going to hurt her. Dad will be home to take care of us."
Cameron: "I am nervous for her, that isn't good. I think that will hurt. I would be nervous if that happened to me. Mom said dad doesn't need his teeth cut out. I am glad I am a boy and am growing up to be a dad. I am not going to have that done to my teeth. Sorry Julia that is going to be a little nervous and scary, your a girl and are going to be a mom. Your teeth are going to get taken out when you are older."
Julia: "Hmmm.... I don't know about that. I think I will talk to dad about that tomorrow. "

I think for entertainment I might set a recorder in their room every night to hear the thoughts of my 6 and 4 year old. Hours of entertainment..................

2 comments:

  1. soo cute, they make my heart melt as well. Hope you surgery goes well. We love you and I will see you on Saturday hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! I hope you are feeling ok Min! getting wisdom teeth out stinks.

    ReplyDelete