June 18, 2020

The end.

I feel like the school year ended with a fizzle. No parties, field days, year book signings (in fact 3 of my 4 kids still haven’t gotten them yet, all due to Covid 19). No field trips, award ceremonies, you get it as the list goes on. Online ended sort of as abruptly as it started. Tomorrow is officially the last day with one last 9 am Zoom meeting.

Today the elementary school had a teacher parade to end the year. They had one at the beginning of this whole mess and now ended the year with one. It was very cute. A few days ago we had to go to the elementary school to drive up and pick up all Lucy’s school supplies. I guess I didn’t do a very good job of explaining about what was going on because Lucy thought she was going into her classroom to retrieve her things, see her classroom one last time and say good bye to her teacher. She almost started crying when I told her what was really happening. She didn’t cry but it sure made me cry. We are crossing all fingers and toes that we will be able to go back this fall.


Getting ready for the parade.



She made the cutest sign for her teacher but I didn’t get a picture of it. Today is garbage day and the recycling came before I got a picture of it!



We made this cute little planter for her teacher that we will drop off at her house tomorrow.  I won't even tell how I almost lost my mind trying to find a wood yardstick and then find one without a bunch of words written on it.  Not so easy.  But just like most crafts, I find that even when it looks simple I find a way to make it difficult.  Good thing I don't craft often!

So long school year and frankly good riddance!  I now have a SENIOR!!!!  How is that even humanly possible???

No comments:

Post a Comment