May 8, 2015

Habits of Mind


A couple of weeks ago Cameron received an award at his school's assembly.  I was lucky enough to be able to attend and watch him get his award.   The school district has "Habits of Mind" that they want all students to gain.  There are at least a dozen different Habits of Mind.  Cameron received his award for: "Remains Open to Continuous Learning."  I have no idea what that even really means but none the less, I was proud that Cameron is a good boy at school!


The elementary also has Habit of Mind assemblies and both Julia and Natalie got an award this month for being "Self Directed Learners."  I have to say, I do LOVE self directed learners!  Thank heavens some of us  can learn by ourselves without a lot of supervision!


This sweet note came in the mail for Julia the other day.  We have been so lucky to have such great teachers this year.  Julia's teacher also sent this letter home with the kids last week because state testing started this week:


 I know so many people have different ideas about common core and state testing but I love that the teachers love their students and want them to feel loved!

1 comment:

  1. Love teachers that care. Glad she has a good one. :0)

    ReplyDelete