July 30, 2013

Outside Ops Manager

The Outside Operations Manager-dead animals and poop division (A.K.A Mitch) has been busy.  The kind of busy were I am starting to F*R*E*A*K out!

 Last week while Mitch was home sick in bed I discovered a dead rodent on the play chips of our new clubhouse.  I was so disturbed that I roused Mitch out of his sick bed to remove the nasty thing.  It was big, dare I say-- a rat.  Gak!!

On Saturday I was cleaning the cars.  While I was pulling Mitch's car into the driveway I noticed that the backseat of his car had been damaged/torn up.  Upon further investigation we discovered that some sort of rodent had gotten into his car and chewed on his backseat in two different places and pooped all over. We have no idea how a mouse got into his car but Mitch set traps in the garage.  The traps have not caught anything so we are hoping that we don't have mice in there. It still doesn't answer how one got into his car.  So GROSS!

Yesterday evening while the kids were playing in the backyard they literally stumbled across the remains of a mouse and by that I mean just the head.  GOOD HEAVENS the outside ops manager was home and was able to get rid of it!!

This morning the kids were playing outside, I popped my head out the door to see that they were doing.  Cam said "Uh Mom, there is 1/2 a mouse outside on the grass."  Sure enough 1/2 a mouse was on the grass! Cameron had put 4 orange cones around it so that they wouldn't step on it and they were continuing to play by it.  The Ops Manager is at work so I think the orange cones will just have to stay put till he arrives home this evening.


I am not sure that my heart can handle any more of these! Why so many rodents?  As Mitch put it, "Your such a girl!"  Yes, yes I am!!  YUCK!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment