June 1, 2012

Nominated...again



On Wednesday the kids had a school BBQ where all the parents and siblings can join the elementary kids for lunch.  Sounds like a nice idea.  It is absolutely crazy.  Most people bring their kids a special lunch like McDonalds, Subway or the like.  I feel with Cameron being in 3rd grade I have finally learned and not made the mistakes I have in the past, like buying lunch at the school and standing in line the whole time, going to McDonalds at the same time every other parent in the school is going for the same thing and being late.  Showing up right in time to find no place to park, showing up and having no where to sit in the lunch room...you get the idea.  I left an hour and a half early to go to Subway to beat the rush, left early to find a parking spot and get Lucy in the baby carrier so I would have my hands free, and got there to find a seat at the lunch tables.  It was actually not raining so they had the tables set up outside.  It was a nice OVERCAST day.  I felt a victory on my part. So imagine my horror when I got home and noticed this:


...Yeah, my baby is SUNBURNED!  I feel terrible.  Do you like how she was wearing a bow? 

Tomorrow is our Stake's fun run that Mitch is in charge of.  He is a little busy to say the least.  Last night he went to the store to pick up a few items for me while he was out.  This morning when getting the kids breakfast I realized that he didn't bring in any of the food he bought from the car.  You know, the milk.  Oops!  I think we might need to show things down a bit around here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment