August 23, 2011

Point Defiance Zoo

My kids have been hounding me all summer to renew my zoo pass.  I finally got a around to doing it.  They love the zoo and it is lots of fun.  Realizing that I am running out of time we have been trying to pack in the activities the last few weeks that we really want to do before school starts.  The week I promised them to go to the zoo no one was around to come with us.  I had to question if I had completely lost my mind to take them by myself as I can hardly waddle around faster than a turtle but I can say we went and had fun.  By the end of the day I could hardly walk but I survived.




After the horrors at the petting zoo in Oregon I was surprised that the kids wanted to feed the birds.  Natalie wanted nothing to do with them and Julia was a little leery of them especially when two birds landed on her stick and started to fight. 


We brought Subway in to the zoo for our picnic lunch.  I think it is a good thing that I only have one boy because Cameron asked me if it was okay if he could get a foot long sub, the six inch just wasn't enough.  I can't even imagine how much he is going to inhale by the time he is a teenager!


The zoo has two baby clouded leopards that we ended going to watch about three different times, they were so cute.  We saw the polar bears eating their lunch, played on the fun playground and watched the live animal show.   It was a fun day hanging out with 3 of my favorite people.

No comments:

Post a Comment