November 17, 2010

Mystery of the Silver Keys



Two nights ago Mitch and I searched high and low looking for the little silver keys that go to a fireproof box that we keep important documents in. We always keep them in the same drawer in the office and have never had a problem losing them before. But that all changed when we went to get the keys and they were mysteriously missing. CRAZY, I know to put them in a spot where a child has access!
The next morning I sat the kids down on the couch and told them how dad and I were missing some little silver keys that go to a special box and now we can't open it. Had anyone seen or done anything with them? I went to each kid and asked. All said that they knew what I was talking about but had not seen the keys or didn't know where they were. As soon as our little talk was over and I had resolved to tear the house apart in search of the keys, Julia quietly went to her room and came out holding the keys and asked "Are these what you are looking for??" Uh--yeah....
Me: Where did you find them? Julia: (Looking sheepish) In my dog biscuit's house. Me: How did they get there? Julia: I don't know, I think they must have just fallen in.

But of course.... mystery solved.

1 comment: