November 8, 2010

Fashionista

The Stuard family is known for their fashion sense, obviously....



I have been losing the clothing battle with Cameron for years. Do I allow him to wear shorts to school in November? Yes. Do I allow him to wear clothes that don't match to school? Yes. Does he wear socks with sandals? Yes. Does he wear his collared Sunday shirts buttoned all the way up and refuse to wear a tie? Yes. But at some point a mother needs to set a few boundaries and take some pride. Cameron tried to wear his socks and pants like this to school. He has issues with the pants, can you tell? I had to lay the smack down on it. It wasn't pleasant but I was able to go on with my day with a small shred of pride left.

To give Cam some credit, I think it might be genetic. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree at times.


Yearbook 1995- hat, coat, plaid shorts, wool socks, and Birkenstocks.

See what I mean?

8 comments:

  1. Mitch does NOT approve the publishing of this photograph.

    - Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I approve it! Ha ha ha that is so funny!! I wonder if we could make a poster size print of this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitch- and you thought that you looked cool back in the day. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed till I cried. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture is AMAZING! sooooooo funny. You know we love you Mitch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of you. SO FUNNY

    Mitchell. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep in mind that Mindy and I had been dating for like a year when this picture was taken so it WORKED ON HER! -Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Gosh! Before I saw the picture I just kept thinking... "this sounds suspiciously familiar..." LOL! Ahhh, the good ol' days!

    ReplyDelete