October 27, 2010

My Jules

Today I had the fun opportunity to help out in Julia's classroom. There are so many volunteers to help that this is probably one of maybe four times I will get to do it this year. It is so cute to see the kids in the classroom learning and doing their thing. One of the aids that is helping in Julia's class this year was the same aid that was Cameron's very special lunch helper last year, Mrs. Latimer, who literally got him through lunch time in the 1st grade. I have so much gratitude for her. I got to speak with her for a few minutes while I was there today and she told me at the beginning of this year when she was learning who everyone was, she suspected that Julia was Cameron's sister but wasn't sure. In having a conversation with Julia she asked Julia if she had a brother and who his teacher was. Mrs. Latimer then asked her what her mom's name was, this was her response: "Hmm... I don't know what her name is but my daddy calls her Mindy." When Mrs. Latimer told me that we both had a good laugh. Tonight I find myself thinking about that and laughing all over again. What a funny girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment