November 3, 2009

Halloween

The annual pumpkin carving festivities



Because of our schedule and the rain we didn't go to a pumpkin patch this year. It was a disappointment but we were just glad to get some pumpkins at Fred Meyer.





Cameron and Julia both got to have parties at their schools. Cameron's school doesn't celebrate Halloween at school but they had a Harvest Party on Friday. If they chose to they could dress up like a community leader on that day. Yeah....so he didn't want to. I can already see the brainwashing the public school has done on him. When we went to our ward Halloween party Cam came home and said "Wow, this was the greatest Fall Festival Celebration ever." Do we dare actually say Halloween?



Cameron the kangaroo. He got so hot in this costume that he could only wear his underwear under it. I think next year he needs to go as an Olympic swimmer then he won't be so hot. What was his mom thinking with such a hot suit...$5 at the Goodwill!



Julia got to wear her costume to preschool on Friday and had a Halloween party. Is it a coincidence that her BBF from preschool was also a witch? Hmm..... She was pretty cute.



Natalie was the hand me down elephant this year. Although it was sort of a cop out costume she still was cute. She made elephant noises all night. She insisted on wearing her costume to take Julia to preschool. She was not going to be left out.





The loot after the ward party!



Mitch had his district cross county race in Kelso on Halloween and was gone Friday and Saturday. He missed the ward party and trick or treating on Saturday. It was a real bummer. His boy's team got first place at districts though! I came down with the flu/cold Friday night and have been battling it ever since. Saturday during the day I was not feeling well so I laid on the couch and drifted in and out of reality. At one point I woke up to see that Natalie had climbed on to the counter and had gotten into the candy. She had three or four suckers in her mouth and was a sticky mess, sticky everywhere on her and the furniture. When I looked at her she says to me "Mama, Can-ee, Can-ee mama." I just had to laugh. Halloween night I was still feeling not so great so I had the kids go trick or treating with Grandpa Stuard. That was a great help. I think the kids had a good night despite the lack of parental supervision that day.

1 comment:

  1. Love the witch costume from Moms! They all look so cute! And there is nothing better than something for $5 from goodwill :)

    ReplyDelete