June 8, 2009

Busy Saturday

Our day started bright and early. I ran in our stakes "Trek around the Trail" 5K fun run. I ran in the same race last year but before that I haven't been in a competitive race since I was at Ricks. I ran a 25:16 which isn't fantastic but it is about 8:09 a mile. Not bad for an old women. Mitch's dad was there to capture the moment for me. Cameron ran the last 800 meters with me and was so cute. He wanted to talk and kept saying "Boy, mom were going fast." I am glad that I was able to impress someone with my speed.



After the race we rushed over to watch Cameron's last T-ball game and have a team party where he got a baseball trophy and some cake. He is so excited about the trophy and brought it to school today for show and tell. He told Julia that she could have his old soccer trophy now because he doesn't need it. Nothing like somebody else's awards to cheer you up!





After a quick nap, we went with Sterling, Kierstin, Mesha, Griffin, and Dale to Snoqualmie Falls. It was raining a little bit but it was fun. Cameron and Julia have been fascinated by water falls lately. I think they have been watching too many cartoons where someone goes over a waterfall, so it was fun to see one in person.





We took the hike down to the bottom of the falls. With five small kids that isn't just a piece of cake. Natalie was happy riding in a back pack! Hooray!







After our hike we went to Bellevue for dinner and games. We have been having such a fun time with our cousins being so close! Thanks for the fun day.

2 comments: