April 7, 2020

Tough

I got to tell you, yesterday was a hard day. The news that the kids won’t be going back to school was tough. We expected it, knew it was coming but we were holding out just a glimmer of hope that the announcement wouldn’t happen.

This school year has been HARD. In fact each month that has passed I have mentally done a victory dance that one more month has come and gone. So it took me by surprise the level of sheer sadness I feel knowing that what we had is no more. I realize it has more to do with the many, many things that the kids are losing out on and not the homework but it is still hard. Last night for Family Home Evening we talked about blessing and how blessed we are. The things that are happening are so discouraging but it is all in our attitude and perspective to make things around us better. I think the lesson was for me. One of my favorite quotes is by Elder Wirthlin “Come what may, and love it.” I think for now, that is what I am striving for.

Lucy made these cute Easter signs and have them hanging in her room. What a sweet girl.






1 comment: