March 21, 2016

St. Patrick's Day


Normally to celebrate St. Patrick's Day we don't do much other than wear green and go to our St. Patty's Day run.  But this year I decided to bust out my Cricket and make a few decorations and what would a holiday of sorts be without a treat?  None.  So it was required that I make grasshopper pie. :)




We had the best weather we have ever had for our St. Patrick's Day run.  No rain and not too cold.


Cameron and Julia ran the 5k.  Cameron is so close to bursting through that 20:00 minute mark.  He ran a 20:11 which is about 6:30 a mile.  Julia ran a 28:28 and got 3rd place in her age division.  She loves her new girl runner bobble head trophy!


Natalie and Lucy ran in the 1k.  The night before the race Natalie woke up throwing up.  The next morning she said that she was feeling ok and wanted to run.  We sort of had our doubts but let her do it.  She spent the next two days throwing up on the couch.  Poor girl, what a trooper.  Lucy told us that she didn't want dad or mom to run with her this time, "she is a big girl."  She was making me laugh that whole day when she kept asking me what k she was.  I had no idea what she was talking about until I realized she was asking how far her race was---1k!


No comments:

Post a Comment