November 25, 2015

Grandma


Grandma
There really isn't words to say how much I love this lady.  She finally made it back home and to Grandpa on November 4, 2015. Oh,  how I am going to miss her until I see her again!


At the funeral the grand kids put all their memories of Grandma together.  I don't have a copy of the one read at the funeral but here is mine that I contributed:
·         Going to Lagoon every year with grandma.  One time grandma sat on the wrong side of the  Musical Express ride and I got squished. 
·         Grandma and all her house plants and flowers
       Her watering can and watering stick
·         Texas Toast and French toast in the mornings while staying at her house
·         Toll House Club crackers, Snicker bars in the cabinet, root beer and ice cream in the fridge downstairs, and always getting a cheese slice in the fridge
·         Going with grandma to the fabric store to pick out material for my bedspread that she quilted
·         Sleeping over at her house when mom and dad were out of town or spending the night for my birthday.  She let me pick out any cereal at the grocery store that I wanted to have for breakfast the next day
·         Playing Scrabble and Rummikub games at her house
·         Watching TV on her bed
·         Visiting grandma and grandpa in Washington DC while they were on their mission.  Grandma  helping us catch "lighting bugs" something we had never seen before.
·         Grandma coming to watch my swimming lessons during the summer
·         Driving to Logan on Memorial Day to put flowers on the graves
·         Taking a bath at her house when we came to visit and always using Mr. Bubble bubble bath 
·         Using grandmas down comforter blankets to wrap up in whenever we were downstairs
·         Coming with us when we moved to Washington and picking blackberries
·         Being at all my major events:  Baptism, Wedding, staying with them every time mom had a baby
·         Receiving care packages from her while I was at college
·         Grandma making homemade candies at Christmas time
·         Buying roller skates for my birthday
·         Coming over to help mom out when I had the chicken pox's
       Mentholatum

·         One of my favorite memories of grandma is coming over to her house, her sitting in her rocker knitting, crocheting, etc. and her giving us all big hugs telling us how glad she was to see us.





The funeral was very nice.  It was so great to see all of my Aunts and Uncles and cousins.  27 out of 29 cousins were able to be there, one was too pregnant to travel and the other on a mission.  My grandparent's have left an amazing legacy of family, so lucky to be apart of it.  I could go on and on about this trip and how much it meant to be there but will leave it with thanking Mitch for picking up the slack at home once again so that I could be there and celebrate Grandma.


Here is Mom asking Dale why he took so many cookies (She was a little stressed that there wasn't going to be enough) and Dale answering "because I want to eat this many cookies." We laughed and laughed about this!  This trip was filled with lots of laughing and lots of tears. At one point I all looked at Kara and said "I have a headache from crying and laughing." So glad to say this is my family and I get to be with them forever.


We tend to get a little crazy when we get together.  Everyone made it down for the funeral.  Everyone except Amy (she brought her whole clan) came alone, no kids or spouses. Do you know what happens when there are no spouses or children?  One big party!


This is something I got from my grandma's house.  It has been hang in her home for as long as I can remember.  Mitch is so happy that it is now hanging in mine. :)


Mom and her brothers 


27 of 29 cousins 




No comments:

Post a Comment