September 12, 2015

Lasterday


It has been a hard two weeks for Lucy.  Her best friends have gone to school and have left her home to play by herself.  One of the things Lucy wants to do with mom is make cookies...every day.  I might end up weighing 1,000 lbs by the end of this school year because like Lucy, I too love to make cookies.  Lucy is a great talker but one of the things she talks about on a daily basis that is causing a bit of a language barrier is lasterday.  Not yesterday, tomorrow, or last week, but lasterday.  She is doing everything and has done everything lasterday.  We have had some intense frustrations on what she wants to happen because I am unclear when lasterday occurred or is going to occur. I am in absolute denial that this girl is turning 4 years old next month. I mean, I can pretend she is still a baby at three but at age four there isn't much baby left.

On a side note:  School is going well but with eight days of school under our belts seventh grade homework has me completely overwhelmed in the sheer volume and tasks.  On day 7 of school I almost had a mental breakdown.  Hope we are just ironing out the kinks of the new year if for nothing else but my mental health!  

No comments:

Post a Comment