February 27, 2015

Crossing over to the Dark Side

It all began with a purchase of a CD.

A CD the kids and I listened to for  two months straight anytime we were in the car, house, or anytime we were listening to anything really.

For him it was the usual eye roll, removal of the CD whenever he could, and the "please can we stop listening to this!"

Then I began to notice small differences.  Nothing too noticeable, the eye rolling slowed, the songs played in the car even when he was there, and he even played the video on YouTube for the girls. 

Then one day I found this lying around the house:


What could this be? Was this an important list he dropped? Could this really be what I think it is? A list of songs...in his handwriting?  Why? What? How?

Then the unthinkable happened.  The CD went missing.  Where was it?  How did we lose it?
 Finally I found it, safe and sound in HIS CAR stereo!


It's true.  He hates to admit it but its still true.  He likes, the CD.  In fact the other day he said, and I quote "I can't believe I am saying this but this CD is fantastic"

Yes, you heard it here:  Mitch likes Taylor Swift 

Most of the time my Cd's come with a warning label just for him, but in this case he crossed over to the dark side!  Hey if you can't beat them, join them!


3 comments: