June 3, 2014

Pinewood Derby 2014

 
 
Cameron participated in his last Pinewood Derby.  I wish I could say that we love the Pinewood Derby but that would be a lie.  We get through it the best we can.  This year Cam was going to make a car that looked like a piece of cheese but when it came time to work on the car he didn't want to participate.  So.... I just so happened to be at Michael's at the same time Father and Son were supposed to be working on their car and were arguing about it that I came across this:
 
 
This is nothing but pure GENIUS...BRILLIANT!!
 
You buy this plastic car shape and literally stick in on top of the wood block and just like that your car is done!  HA HA HA!!! Like I said, the person who came up with this a brilliant, brilliant individual!

 
Cameron was not interested in building the car but of course wanted the thing to win.  I told him that this car was not going to win at all and I didn't want to here a peep out of him because he didn't put any effort into it so he was not going to get any results out of it.  Sadly...the car did better than the last two years and was his fastest yet.  So much for the lesson learned!

 
He did however win, "Best Paint Job"  We had a good laugh about that. 

 
Good-bye Pinewood Derby....FOREVER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment