May 21, 2014

Things that make you cry yourself to sleep at night....

 
Remember this from last June? 

 
My beautiful backyard grass? It was just beautiful last summer. We watered, fertilized, it looked great.  About mid winter Mitch and I were looking out the window and started discussing how the grass in the backyard looked "dead."  We didn't think much of it because everything looks dead in the winter.  As time passed we started noticing that the grass looked like it was disappearing before our very eyes and come spring our backyard was literal pretty much dirt.  We have no idea what went wrong but it is gone.  The thought of starting over again this year made us want to cry.  Seriously.   Without many options, I mean can you just have a backyard that is a huge dirt pit?  The kids were filthy!  We (okay, so I will give credit were it is due: Mitch) ripped out the little bit of grass that was remaining, rototilled, got a LOT of new dirt, raked it out, hydro seeded, and now are praying that this works!
 
 
Mitch was a work animal with the dirt.  It was a full dump truck load and with my lame back I was unable to help him at all.  The next few months are going to be a challenge to keep it watered and keeping the kids off of it.  Can you say playing in the street?  Oh boy....

 
If this fails, I think we might just put in fake grass!!


No comments:

Post a Comment