April 19, 2014

L5-S1

Stick a needle in my eye back


For the past two months, I have been walking around like a gimp.  I have a herniated disc in my back at L5-S1 which is causing severe pain in my back, butt, thigh, leg, calf, and making my foot and leg tingle.  This has made it nearly impossible for me to do much of anything without being in pain and making me limp. Pain medication has been a staple as has ignoring pretty much everything I should be doing.  After finally getting in to see the back doctor and getting an MRI done I have a procedure scheduled on Tuesday to have a steroid injection in  my back directly into the herniated disc.  Sounds like a real party but sure hope this works or the next stop will be....back surgery.

I must really love my little brother because I travelled to Utah last weekend for his wedding.  13 hours each way sitting in a car was a real treat.  Sometimes love is painful, right?  Wouldn't have missed it for the world though.  Any excuse to have all my siblings together is worth it! What a great weekend we had, terrible back and all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment