December 11, 2012

The Crash of 2012


In the early hours of Saturday morning our Christmas tree fell over. Cameron came into our room and said "Mom, there is a problem with our Christmas tree."  Hmm....yeah it fell over.  There were broken ornaments and glass everywhere.  The kids kept shouting, "Oh look that ornament is broken, oh so it that one...!"  Mitch was like, "Stop! Your going to make mom cry!"  Seriously.  I know that ornaments are just things but really that was going to make me cry.  When I was little my dad worked for Hallmark so we each got a Hallmark ornament every year.  I have quite a large collection of old Hallmark ornaments that are special.  Here's my kind of crazy:  A few years ago after Christmas was over and I was putting all the ornaments away I took pictures of all of the ornaments so that if something ever happened to them I would at least have a picture of them. 











Yeah, see what I mean...I am crazy! Luckily not too many of the Hallmark ornaments were broken, mainly glass balls and random glass ornaments that didn't have too much sentimental value. I went shopping all Saturday and when I got home my sweet husband had super glued my Hallmark ornaments that were broken. There were a few that I didn't think I was even going to be able to save, but he pieced them back together for me. Yesterday I spent the whole afternoon re-decorating the tree. I had to take off the lights and re-string them. What a huge pain! Our tree is now tied to the wall. The kids thought this was one of the funniest things ever and haven't stopped talking about it. I think they will remember this for years to come!!



3 comments:

  1. Yeah I might of just left it that way and called it decorated....call it my crazy lazy prego self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I pratically cried for you. We must be the same kind of crazy because I don't think taking pictures of your ornaments is strange, I think it's a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH (that is to taking the pictures not your tree falling...the tree falling is very sad :( )

    But seriously. Our family is a little insane :)

    ReplyDelete